TV, Radio & Featured Appearances
A Growing Passion
Join me on my adventures through the wild and amazing world of plants.
You don’t have to travel far. Just tune on your television and search for KPBS public TV in San Diego, California, or visit us online at www.AGrowingPassion.com to find dozens of award-winning episodes available for viewing 24/7.
A Growing passion is much more than a garden show. A Growing Passion explores the power of plants in the world. Everywhere plants grow, that’s where we go.
For every episode, I search out places where plants grow, where plants are used, are eaten, worn, planted, bred, processed, bought, or sold. Our shows are driven by my endless curiosity, as you’ll see in the variety and depth of each episode.
Past episodes, for example, include:
- Big Trees: Giants Among Us
- The Story of Seeds: from Breeding to Eating
- Flowers and Floats: The Rose Parade
- Urban forests: Trees and Plants in the City
- Citrus: California’s Second Gold Rush
- From Vines to Wines
- Chaparral: the Elfin Forest
- New Models of Farming
- With Food and Justice for All
- Bye-Bye Grass – How to Remove Your Lawn
- After the Lawn is Gone – Waterwise Gardens
A Growing Passion is created and produced by AGP Productions, LLC., a woman owned company. For more information, contact info@AGrowingPassion.com.
Online Gardening Videos
My garden tips and demonstrations are posted on YouTube and Vimeo. Here’s a selection:
- How to plant a raised bed
- How to read a seed packet
- How to start seeds
- Evelyn Alemanni's vegetable garden
- Community Supported Agriculture
- School Community Gardens
- Using containers in small gardens
- How to plant a container
- Tips for planting containers
- Plant an edible container garden with kids
- Unusual garden containers
In addition to my own Facebook page, you can find me answering questions and managing membership on the San Diego Gardener Facebook Page. There, thousands of San Diegans talk about the challenges and pleasures of growing in San Diego’s unusual Mediterranean climate. It’s a lively and spirited discussion, with participants ranging from newbies to seasoned pros, including experts in several fields. It’s a closed group so you have to ask to join – you’ll be happy you did!
I’ve been honored to be featured in: